Burrata and Bullfights

Street life in the City

Bull running in the Campo San Polo

The Museo Correr is a little bit heartbreaking. It was founded in 1836, after the fall. San Marco still stood, improbably, but the Serenissima was gone and the vultures were hovering. The despoiled remnants of the city’s collections were brought there from the Fondaco dei Turchi, along with a kaleidoscopic jumble of tre…

This post is for paying subscribers